Use your “SnackSense”
The best snacks are ones that include healthy nutrient dense foods. Unprocessed whole foods make incredible snacks to fuel your body throughout the day and provide the energy you need to perform at optimal levels. There are so many quick and healthy snacks to choose from. You just need to make the decision to make smart snack choices. Try these healthy snacks when the hunger kicks in:
- Fresh Fruits and Veggies
- Whole Wheat Crackers
- Low Fat Cheese and Cheese Sticks
Healthy snacks can have many benefits, especially if you keep healthy choices and right sized portions in mind. Some of these benefits include:
- Supplies energy during times of the day when hunger strikes
- Prevents extreme hunger and possibly overeating at mealtime
- Fuels your body to prepare for exercise and physical activity
- Creates opportunities to get the foods you may not get enough of at meals - fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low fat dairy.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.