Procedural Safeguard Letter and Notice (Published by PDE on 11/14/2014)
The Procedural Safeguards Notice includes a full explanation of all of the rights available to parents of a child with a disability ages 3-21 when their child has been referred for or is receiving special education services. This school age form provides information about procedural safeguards to parents. This revised Procedural Safeguards Notice includes additional resources for parents in Appendix A. The form was newly revised and dated by Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) on “October 2014.”
The Procedural Safeguards Notice must be given to parents :
- At least one time per school year and
- Upon initial referral or parent request for evaluation;
- Upon receipt of the first state complaint under Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) 34 CFR §§300.151 - 300.153 and upon receipt of the first due process compliant under (IDEA) 34 CFR
§300.507 in a school year;
- In accordance with the discipline procedures in (IDEA) 34 CFR §300.530(h) ;
- Upon request by a parent.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.