Cumberland Valley Synchronized Swimming
The CV Synchronized Swimming season has started! We are preparing for our big 80s themed show on March 31st and April 1st at the CV Pool. Mark your calendars! It's going to be AMAZING!
So you're interested in Synchronized Swimming?
This information page was developed to give you an introduction to what you can expect as a Synchro Swimmer and parent. If you have any questions, please contact Kristy Ogden: firstname.lastname@example.org, CV Synchro Parent President and Asst. Coach.
The Cumberland Valley Synchronized Swimming team is a club team and part of the Cumberland Valley Community Aquatics Program (CVCAP). More information with regard to the CVCAP may be found at http://www.cvschools.org under Community. Our Coaching staff consists of Lauren Hetrick, Amy McManamon, Kristy Ogden, Brenda Kline, and Johanna Geister, who bring varying degrees of experience and knowledge to the team. They work with the swimmers to increase their skills, flexibility and fitness levels for proper synchro conditioning.
Joining the team:
You must be seven years of age or older and you don’t need to live in the CV School District to participate! The minimum requirements for being a member of CV Synchro are: to be able to swim 50 yards continually, and have mastered three swimming strokes (freestyle, breast, and back). Swim caps and noseclips are required and an essential part of synchronized swimming success!
Practice will officially begin for the 2016-17season in the fall after school starts. The beginner swimmers practice on Tuesday evenings, 6 – 8 p.m.
Beginner Fees and Expenses:
- An annual fee to the Cumberland Valley Aquatics Program of approximately $200
- Annual dues to United States Synchronized Swimming of approximately $50
- A plain, solid black suit, purchased at the swimmer’s expense, cost price depends on style
- Show headpiece and team suit, approximately $75 - $100
- Team dues, approximately $25 and concession donation, approximately $20
- Team apparel and merchandise are offered but not mandatory purchases
- Several optional fundraisers are available to help defer most fees and expenses indicated above, i.e., Giant gift cards, Sheetz Booklets, ticket sales and advertisements for the Annual Show, as well as others!
The team performs an annual swim show in the spring. Mandatory dress rehearsal is scheduled 6-8 p.m. on the Tuesday and
Thursday prior to the show. Parent participation is required to help the show run smoothly!
COME JOIN US AND BE A PART OF THE FUN!