SCHOOL BUS SAFETY TIPS
The safety of the Cumberland Valley School District students is our utmost concern. Please review these bus safety tips with your child as needed to ensure a safe, pleasant ride to and from school.
· Have your child at the stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
· Students should stand at least 10 feet back from the curb.
· Students should not approach the bus until it comes to a complete stop.
· Be Aware – Cross With Care! Wait until the school bus has stopped all traffic before stepping out onto the road.
· Remember to look BOTH ways before crossing the road to board the bus.
· Students should use the handrail when boarding and departing the bus.
· Students should take their assigned seats quickly and remain seated during the ride.
· Students should not put any portion of their body out the bus windows.
· Students should not eat or drink while on the bus.
· If students talk, they should speak quietly so as not to distract the school bus driver.
· Students should never walk in the Danger Zone – the 10 feet surrounding the bus. If they have to cross in front of the bus, they should be able to see the driver’s face.
· Once off the bus, students should never run back to the bus, even if they have forgotten something.
Working together, we can make your child’s commute a safe and enjoyable experience.