New Student Registration for the 2016-2017 School Year:
2016-2017 New Student Online Registration forms - CLICK HERE
Once the online registration forms are submitted, you will receive an automated confirmation email with a link to the appointment scheduler. Please schedule one 15 minute appointment for each student.
Please bring the following documents with you to your registration appointment. Your child does not need to attend.
- Proof of your child's age. Original birth certificate or a valid passport.
- Immunizations required by law. Your child's last immunization record is sufficient to complete the registration process. Immunization boosters from 5 year checkup, physical and dental reports can be presented to the nurse during the school year or before if available.
- Proof of residency (two required). Acceptable documentation includes: a deed, lease, sales agreement, notarized statement from landlord, mortgage information, driver's license, DOT identification card. If residing with a district property owner, the property owner must sign a notarized "multiple occupancy form."
- Photo Identification. For identification purposes.
- Academics - Most recent report card.
Please note: Cumberland Valley School District strives to provide a safe, engaging learning climate for all of our students. Due to continued increased enrollment in our elementary buildings, we want to make you aware that we are no longer granting new school change requests based on daycare needs. This will be effective immediately for any new requests received for the remainder of the academic year. Additionally, for the 2016-17 school year and beyond, please be aware that requests for similar purposes will also not be granted.
WHO CAN REGISTER A STUDENT
- Parents or court appointed guardians living in the Cumberland Valley School District may enroll a student. The parent/guardian must come into our office in person to complete the enrollment process. (Note: Exceptions apply to homeless youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, migrant and foster students.) A student living with someone other than a parent will be registered in accordance with guidelines set by PA Public School Code section 24 P.S. 13-1302.
- Residents will be asked to sign an affidavit stating that you and the student live in this district on a full-time basis.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT:
You need to bring the following required documents to your appointment in order to register your child.
- Proof of your child's age. Any one of the following constitutes acceptable documentation: original birth certificate, notarized copy of birth certificate, a valid passport or notarized/certified record showing the date of birth.
- Immunizations required by law. Acceptable documentation includes: the child's immunization record, a written statement from a former school district or medical office, verbal assurances from the former school that the required immunizations have been completed with records to follow.
- Proof of residency. Acceptable documentation includes: a deed, lease, sales agreement, notarized statement from landlord or mortgage information. If residing with a district property owner, the property owner must sign a notarized "multiple occupancy form."
- Photo Identification. This is required in order to notarize documents at the registration appointment such as sworn statement attesting if the student has been or is suspended or expelled for offenses involving drugs, alcohol, weapons, infliction of injury or violence on school property.
- Other documents: Report cards/transcripts, all special education documents (IEP, ER, RR, NOREP), attendance records, any other records relevant to your child's education.
Please contact Central Registration at 717-506-3399 with any questions or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org